Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Cookies -Vegan, Sugar Free, No Artificial Sweeteners, Peanut and Nut Free
Image via Wikipedia
It’s Autumn, and I must admit that my favorite thing to make during the fall months is pumpkin spice cakes and pumpkin pies. There’s something about pumpkin that just makes my mouth water, and it’s truly the most festive smell, filling the whole house with the aroma of fall.
As I’m trying to go sugar free without any of the artificial sweeteners, I decided to check out The Stevia Cookbook for recipes. After some changes to the Spicy Carrot Cake recipe in the book, making the recipe vegan and gluten free, I came up with some tasty Pumpkin Spice Cookies that I wanted to share with you.
Sugar Free, Vegan, Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Stevia
Vegan, Sugar Free, Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Cookies Ingredients
2. Butter the cookie sheets (1-2 sheets will be needed) to avoid sticking.
3. 2 cups of baking mix into a large mixing bowl.
4. Blend raisins and coconut in a blender on pulse until they are finely chopped and well mixed. Add to the baking mix in the bowl and mix well.
5. In a small saucepan, put water, tofu, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and NuNaturals NuStevia White Stevia Powder on medium heat. Using a spoon, mix the ingredients and press the tofu to flatten and cream. Continue heating, stirring continuously, until the mix becomes aromatic. Pour the mix into the blender and liquify.
6. Add tofu spice mix and pumpkin to the flour and mix well. You may need to add an additional 1/4 cup of water to blend well.
7. Using wet hands, take the dough and roll into small balls, placing them on the cookie sheet. If the dough begins to stick to your hands, wet your hands again and continue. Gluten free flours tend to get really sticky during baking.
Pumpkin Spice Balls
8. Take a spoon, wet, and flatten the balls into cookie shaped disks. Again, if the spoon begins to stick, get it wet again before continuing.
Pumpkin Spice Cookies Ready for Baking
9. Bake on the center rack of the oven for 30 minutes. Eat warm or cold. Tastes great with apple cider!
In this recipe, I tried the NuStevia powder as I received samples from NuNaturals to try and review. I found the stevia from NuNaturals very easy to use and my cookies had no funny aftertaste like what you’d find with some other brands of stevia. NuNaturals makes many different natural sweeteners using stevia and has an entire collection of recipes to go with them. I have many more sweeteners here from NuNaturals and recipes that I plan experimenting with in the near future. Look for more stevia recipes here using NuNaturals products.
Of course, you do not have to use NuStevia in this recipe. Just use your favorite pure stevia powder in your recipe for tasty, sugar free, guilt free pumpkin spice cookies.
Special Thanks to NuNaturals for the free samples that are helping my family bake healthier while enjoying our favorite treats.
If you are interested in trying NuStevia, you can visit their site to order directly or purchase their products from Amazon via the link below. You can also request free samples through their site.