Getting Healthier in 2011 – August Health Goals
Take a Walk for Low-Impact Exercise and Fresh Air
As I posted yesterday, this blog is all about getting healthier to live a better life.
Last month, I didn’t achieve all of my health goals, but I did okay and actually achieved one that I decided against trying because I thought it was too much to put on my plate – I reduced my gluten / processed flour intake drastically.
I’m not sure if it was the lack of gluten or the lack of highly processed flours, but when I consumed pizza again (on a white, highly processed crust), I got acid reflux. So the race is on to determine if it’s gluten or just processed garbage that doesn’t agree with me.
Health Goals for August 2011
- Continue taking supplements daily – once daily Quercetin, Chaste Tree Berries and Multi-Vitamin, 1-3 packs of Emergen-C Vitamin C supplement.
- Continue physical therapy twice/week.
- Continue drinking plenty of water. Stay Hydrated!
- Keep sugar intake down. Try to reduce it some more (those damn Starbucks mocha frappuccinos are hard to resist!)
- Take Flax Seed Oil 1-3 times daily for mood.
- Remove processed flour from diet. Continue eating only whole grain / whole wheat / gluten free food items.
- Prepare our food allergic son for school – food allergy emergency plan, doctor’s appointment, emergency prescriptions, discussions with new teacher and school nurse, lunch room safety, discussions about food sharing with our child, vaccinations.
- Exercise – Try to take walks, focus on physical therapy for my back (my back has gotten worse again), and strengthen my core with simple home exercises. I can’t overdo it, or I might hurt my back and end up laid out again. That would suck.
- Get More Sleep!!! – Seriously! 7-9 hours per night, without fail. Don’t screw this up. You know better!! *face palm*
Question: What are your health goals for August?