Getting Healthier in 2011 – July Health Goal Wrap-up
Oh no...I forgot to go to the gym... *smacks forehead* -- Image by ninahale via Flickr
The point of this blog – Always Sick & Tired – is all about getting healthier. Part of it is about losing weight, which goes together with getting healthier (unless you’re too skinny, which isn’t a problem that I have), but mostly it’s about feeling better, boosting mood and energy, feeling well rested and building a healthy immune system so that we don’t catch every single bug that comes our way.
July Health Goals & Results
I did okay last month with my health goals. Could I have done better? Of course. But for the most part, I did okay.
- Floss Daily – Okay…so we’re off to a bad start. I totally did not floss…not even once.
- 3,000 mg of Omega 3s Daily – Hmmm…another negative…
- Find a good probiotic – Nailed it! I found one awhile ago, but I haven’t started taking it yet. But I am eating a lot of yogurt every morning, so that helps a lot.
- Reduce Gluten Intake – I actually canceled this goal, but then I ended up doing it anyway because I was really reducing my processed flour intake. Plus, my mother was in town for a week, and she’s gluten free, so that forced me a little bit.
- 400 mg Quercetin daily – Nailed it! Yes!
- 440 mg Chaste Tree Berry for PMS daily – Totally did this…every single day. Seriously, you don’t want my PMS Monster to come out.
- Continue taking medications – Check!
- Drink Water – Check! – and when I didn’t, I could totally feel it in the form of heartburn and calf muscle cramping. OW!
- Continue Physical Therapy – Check!
- Work-outs – I’m not even going to list what I had planned on doing for work-outs, because I think I hit the gym a total of ONE TIME during all of last month. *face palm*
- Get plenty of sleep ( 7-9 hours nightly ) – Uhm…not so much. I was staying up until midnight, and then tried to get up at 5 AM to work, only to find myself falling asleep on the couch later on. And then the cycle continued…
- Take a Multi-Vitamin Daily – Nailed it!
Getting Healthier in July Results
I’ll give myself a 55%…but with the reduction in gluten intake, I’ll give myself some extra credit and bump it up to a 65%.
Still not that great, but progress is being made in my health.
Getting Healthier in 2011 – August Health Goals
I’ll be back tomorrow with my health goals for August. Until then…
Question: How did you do with your health in July?